Welcome to the website of the Cape County Castaways!
Last Updated: Wednesday, October 19, 2016 @ 4:50 am
10/05/16: Fall Has Arrived, And So Have The Castaways: CCC Swimmers Compete At Paducah, Lindbergh
- Recaps for these two meets are coming soon!
- Castaways' Results (Paducah Swimfest) / Castaways' Results (FAST IMX Kickoff)
- Full Meet Results (Paducah Swimfest) / Full Meet Results (FAST IMX Kickoff)
New Time Standard Achievements (See: National Motivational Times Charts):
- "AA" Times: Savannah Spencer (11-12 Girls) and Nadia Wasilewski (10&U Girls) each posted their first-ever "AA" times in the same event (50 Backstroke) at the FAST IMX Kickoff! Great job!
New CCC Team Records (See: CCC Team Records):
- 8&U Girls: Brynna Greenley posted her first two team records at the FAST IMX Kickoff meet! On Saturday, Brynna broke the existing 100 Backstroke record; the following day, she established a solid 100 Breaststroke record! Way to go, Brynna! Keep it up.
- 9-10 Girls: Nadia Wasilewski broke both SCY backstroke records (50 & 100) at Paducah, and managed to lower the 50 Backstroke record another 0.64 seconds at the FAST IMX Kickoff two weeks later! Meanwhile, in her last event of the day at Paducah, Laney Stone stepped up and blasted a fantastic 200 Freestyle swim; dropping the previous 200 Free record by 2.8 seconds and almost winning the event outright on top of that!
- 11-12 Girls: Savannah Spencer set four new team records at Paducah, breaking her own previous marks in the 50 Backstroke, 100 Freestyle, and 100 Backstroke (crushing the latter record by over 6 1/2 seconds), and adding a brand-new team record in the 100 Breaststroke! Then, up at Lindbergh HS Savannah re-broke her 50 Backstroke and 100 Breaststroke records while seizing two new team records in the 100 Butterfly and 200 Freestyle!
- 8&U Boys: Max Warren led the way, first at Paducah with four new CCC team records in his four events! Max posted records in the 50 Freestyle, 25 Backstroke, 50 Breaststroke, and 100 Freestyle. Two weeks later, at the FAST IMX Kickoff, Max lowered his 100 Freestyle record by another second, while adding new team records in the 200 Freestyle, 200 IM, 50 Backstroke, and 100 Breaststroke! Meanwhile, Anthony Cugini set two new team records of his own over in Paducah (50 Backstroke & 50 Butterfly). While both of these records stood only two weeks, Anthony did the honors on the 50 Butterfly himself by lowering his Paducah time by 11.21 seconds to a much-stronger 56.33. A few minutes later, Anthony threw down a magnificent performance in the 100 Backstroke - flipping all three turns legally and emerging victoriously in the end! Excellent work, gentlemen!